Camping permits are available within 14 days only of start of trip on the French River at ontarioparks.com.
Click here for the Ontario Parks Reservation System. Sign-In (top right corner). It's much easier to login to your account first prior to doing reservation.
If you have not registered for an account at Ontario Parks ever before: Register Here First
Instructions on how to get a French River Permit.
These are just screenshots of your session below. Click here to start your session.
Note: the session expires if you sit too long on a page.
- On the Ontario Parks Reservation System, on the top tab select, “Backcountry Registration”.
- Pick your park: click dropdown to “French River Provincial Park”.
- Fill in all the information below (reminder permit up to 2 weeks in advance only),
- Press “Search” after filling in required info.
- Fill in the arrival date, # nights and select drop down “Zone 6”, Click “Save”.
- Click on “Reserve”
- Check the boxes: Please read and acknowledge: and check boxes. Click on the button “Confirm Reservation Details”
- After reviewing reservation, click “Proceed to checkout” and follow prompts with your payment info.
Just in case you didn't sign-in - already - you need to create an account and follow steps above...(or if your account was created after October 2019, enter login below)